Monday, December 5, 2011

BSBCRT501A - Toy Packaging Assignment

For this Assignment we had to create a original concept of a package that was for either lego or play doh. I decided to go with lego. My idea for this piece was to do a logo for an AFL club. After research on how to do this I sourced what I thought was more than enough lego to be able to create this concept. After reviewing the logo and making a decision on how close i wanted it to looking like the logo I decided to go bigger. In the early stages of creating this package I realised that there was no way that I could do double layered lego which was my original idea and there was no way that I was going to be able to find a backing mat for lego as big or even as half as big as the design I had created in time. At this stage I had spent around $140 and was not going to quit now. This is when I decided to glue the lego together and spray paint the other lego that I had bought that wasn't the right colours. After a solid week and a half of putting the lego together i had finished my product. The only problem with glueing the product was that you could see the glue and the paint was mixing with the glue and messing up my colours.

My concept was to market towards teenagers that like building models, but from legos point of view why would you stop there. This product was definitely a challenge for anyone to make and even though I didn't frame it, I definately thought it was frame worthy. I do not see why lego would not be able to market towards everyone who is a die hard fans of the sport. If this concept was adopted by lego, they could make a lot of money out of it in my opinion.

I took these photos myself and honestly I think that it is the main thing that lets this piece down, but considering what equipment i was using it turned out alright.

This is the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment