Friday, June 24, 2011

Water bottle design rationale & feedback summary

At the start of this Water bottle project I got neck deep in research such as if plastic bottles are harmful to your body, which types of plasic are safe, what are some statistics on water bottles and so on. Form the beginning I wasn’t quite sure on which angle to take and how much information was needed. My first ideas were to have a water bottle punching the earth characterized and then have a slogan such as say no to plastic bottles with a lot of facts on the side. The first concept that I came up and developed for a period of time was having a plastic bottle in the centre of the page in a black silhouette then having the slogan “just a bottle”. This was meant to signify that your not just drinking out of a plastic bottle, there is so much more than meets the eye. After having a critique with luke I discovered that my idea was not simple enough and did not have aethetics.

After this realization I decided to have a plastic bottle photographed with black water spilling out and having the slogan “say no to plastic bottles”. I felt that this would work and that black liquid out of a plastic bottle may grab peoples attention and turn them off plastic bottles and using other alternatives.

After many trials of photography I decided to scrap this idea and vectorise it instead. This proved successful but it felt that there was to much negative space spread in a unattractive way.

From this point I decided to photograph a tap and have another slogan Telling people to switch to tap water. In this way it drew peoples eyes down the page and finishing on the Switch to tap slogan as if they were saying goodbye to battles.

My feedback from Luke at the start of second term on our water bottle posters was that my poster was way to complex and that it lacked hierarchy. Looking back at the water bottle poster I would have to agree, I think that I made the poster way to cluttered, it had no room to breathe.­­­­

No comments:

Post a Comment